The Delaware Humanities Forum provides financial support for public humanities programs through its Grant Programs. We are pleased to announce that seven organizations were selected to receive funding in our first grant cycle of 2009. A total of $34,754 was awarded to:
- Delaware Center for Contemporary Art (The American Scene: What is American about Contemporary Art?)
- Delaware Military Heritage & Education Foundation (lecture, discussion, and oral history programs)
- Delaware Shakespeare Festival (Shakespeare, Then, Now and Always)
- Delaware Symphony Orchestra (Pre-Concert Conversation Series)
- Delmarva Discussion, Inc. (Read, Write, THINK)
- Lewes Historical Society (Chautauqua Tent Show)
- Opera Delaware (Teaching Humanities Through Opera: Student Dress Rehearsals and Inside Opera Live)
DHF has changed its grant schedule and now accepts grant applications twice a year. The next grant cycle begins in the spring. Draft proposals will be accepted until April 1, with final applications due by May 15. Decisions will be made by June 30.
Any non-profit group or organization in Delaware may apply for a grant. Visit our grants page for up to date information on grants, including current application forms.